Saturday, August 1, 2026

Introversion

 Lately I've been really down for some reason about the fact that I never really go outside, it's never bothered me that much before but seeing as I work from home now rather than going outside at least once a day to go to school, it can feel really repetitive after a while. I know getting bored is natural it's not like I'm upset about it but what IS upsetting me is the fact that no matter where I go I still can't wait to get home no matter how much fun I'm having. At first I thought "well everyone must think this way" but then it started getting to the point where unless someone is inviting me somewhere or I need to go to the store then I can't even get excited enough about any place enough to actually leave my house and go there, then even when I do I don't end up staying long.  None of this would be a problem if it wasn't such a constant cycle. I'm most comfortable at home, I have fun at home, most of my hobbies are things I can do at home, but unfortunately I'm human and the lack of the sun + nature gets to me after a while. Sometimes I feel like I'm not built for the city but then I remember that I like everything to be walking distance on the off chances I DO wanna go out because I enjoy walking everywhere and a lot of the shops I like to go to likely don't exist in the quieter locations.

That being said, I AM still trying to get out more it's just on pause because I can't stand this heat. The crankiness hits the second I feel the hot air after opening the door and there's nothing I can do to relieve myself aside from walking around with an ice pack on my head. I'm gonna try to do some of the things I did as a kid in the fall since I haven't been super festive with the holidays for a while (which is is so extremely not like me), things like going to pumpkin patches, farms, going out of my way to try fall/Halloween themed food, decor, accessories, I've really been slacking. I don't take enough advantage of the fact that I have my own money to spend, I still spend it I just feel like my online shopping habit is taking some of the joy out of shopping since I don't have to wait as much for these things to become available but I can't help myself </3.

No comments:

Post a Comment